Hey students! We’re looking forward to seeing you on campus very soon and wanted to tell you about an important change you’ll notice when you return.
This fall we will have two learning management systems on campus: Canvas and D2L. Your instructors can build their courses in either of these, but by summer 2017 all classes will be in Canvas only. To make sure we answer all your Canvas questions, we hope you’ll join us for some of the fun events below!
During the first week of class, you can find us hanging out in these spots:
- 8/24 – 11AM-1:30PM – Pokémon GO on the South Oval in front of Bizzell Memorial Library
- The lures are on us! Let’s chat about Canvas while you catch ’em all.
- 8/25 – 2PM-4PM – Pandas with Popsicles at Walker Adams Mall
- Hangout with the coolest Canvas pandas and grab a popsicle.
- 8/26 – ALL DAY – Tech Taxi will be all over campus
- Don’t feel like walking? Learn about Canvas and we’ll take you to class!
During the second week of class, we’ll be answering your questions here:
- Walk-in Assistance, Bizzell Memorial Library, LL1 – Digital Scholarship Lab, Studio A
- 8/29 – 9/2, 9AM-4PM (every day that week!)
- FOOD! And a Quick Canvas Overview, Bizzell Memorial Library, LL123 HCLC
- 8/29 – 9/2 11AM to 12PM
- Online Q&A Session – Can’t make it to campus? Join us online.
Canvas has an intuitive design, and it offers a mobile app with enhanced notifications to help keep you organized. This change is bringing many benefits to our faculty and students, so don’t miss the chance to learn more about this new, easy-to-use system. You can also email email@example.com with any questions you have about OU’s new LMS.