Each January we like to have the inside scoop on the all the cool new stuff happening in the tech industry so we send our team from One U to the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas to get the inside report. As our AVP of Digital Innovation reported, “the innovators are truly pushing the envelope.” From wearable to drivable, the face of technology is rapidly evolving. Today we share our top 5 tech gadgets from CES 2016!
- Screens you can roll up like a magazine? With the development of new OLED technology this may become a reality sooner than we expected. You guys. Technology is cool.
- Oculus, the company that brought virtual reality into the consumer marketplace, revealed their totally rad hand controllers to complement their headsets. We can’t wait to try out these bad boys.
- Sony moves into virtual reality. Until now, VR systems required a computer geeked-out for gaming. But with Sony’s release of PlayStation VR, the marketplace of virtual reality will expand to the 10 million PS4 owners.
- The Jetsons may be a not-so-distant reality. We now have drones that fly YOU. At 60 mph, maybe you can skip that morning commute from OKC and simply fly over all that traffic. (Okay the battery only lasts 23 minutes, but hey! Progress is progress.)
- At the grocery store and wondering if you should pick up some milk? Never mind texting your roommate. This fridge takes pictures of its contents and sends them to your phone so can see what you’re out of. Plus it plays music so maybe ask it to stream Adele while you’re downing a pint of Chunky Monkey®? If you’re into that sort of thing.